February 1, 2014

Max Roach Double Quartet - Live at Vielharmonie


1. A Little Booker (M. Roach) (20:37)
2. Bird Says (C. Bridgewater) (18:11)

Cecil Bridgewater (trumpet, flugelhom)
Dayne Armstrong (tenor saxophone)
Phil Bower (electric bass)
Max Roach (drums, percussion)

The Swedenborg String Quartet:
Lars Holm (1st violin)
Ulrica Jannson (2nd violin)
Anders Lindgren (viola)
Kerstin Elmquist (cello)

Recorded at Vielharmonie, Munich, Germany, 7. 11. 1983.
Mixed at Barigozzi Studio, Milano, Italy; 26. 6. 1984.

Soul Note SN 1073

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/PHXTN1XA/live_at_vielharmonie.rar_links

4 comments:

danair said...

Great album,thanks for posting brian.

upkerry14 said...

Nice share - thank you. I saw MR a few weeks before he died and the poor guy just couldn't play. So sad. A real giant. Where's Dayne now I wonder?

jazzcat1228 said...

Thank you for this share Brian. I have just recently begun to explore the Double Quartet recordings and I have enjoyed what I have heard so far. I look forward to hearing this one as well. Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

Any chance for a reupload of this and the Tristano / Boyd Raeburn album?